Sunday, May 13, 2007

Sunday Sick!

Oh, actually I feel like crap. Nursing a tummyache. So don't mind me if I go rambly and all!

Morning. Refreshed! After a minor spate of insomnia, I had a good lovely 10h sleep. And woke up to good weather. And what better way to celebrate the good weather and my recently-recovered health with a bicycle ride?

Pumped the tyres, cleaned the drivetrain (it's been gunking up quite a bit lately), then off to ride!

Sunday morning is not a very good time to cycle in Old Upper Thomson road because there are hoards of people stopping their cars in the middle of the road to feed the monkeys (illegal), thus it's always a huge risk to overtake them by going into the other lane and face the risk of being squished by an oncoming car from around the bend.

Damn those monkey feeders. They make the monkeys demanding, aggressive and worse of all, they're increasing in population. They're literally mounting each other and making baby monkeys in the middle of the road.

Had to spend a part of my ride tailgating a Jaguar which was in turn tailgating a Mitsubishi with a driver who was too afraid to advance his way through the monkeys on the road.

Near-bonked out, because I wasn't totally 100% healthy yet. Found myself gasping for air in a bad way, like all the moisture got sucked outta my lungs or something.

==

Home, and it rained just after I got back. Oh noes! Flurry of activity, brother and dad and I planning where to bring my mom out for a mother's day dinner.

Hotel Intercontinental? Sounded cool. But there's a dress code. Smart casual. That means, shirt or something. Ack. Stuffed a short sleeve shirt in my bag. Damn dress codes.



Played some Elite Beat Agents at home. On Sweatin' (Hard) mode! I swear some of the levels are near damned impossible.

Off to City Hall!

==

Hanged out for the afternoon. Lunch, then just hung around the malls!

Walked into Newurbanmale just for the hell of it, and yikes, it's a shop that sells rainbow-coloured bears and Bert-and-Ernie T-shirts. EEEEK. No surprises, we walked out sorta quickly.

==

Bugis, Kinokuniya, then had to meet my family for mom's mother's day dinner!

Hotel Intercontinental. Turns out, no one follows the dress code. Bleagh. Changed into a shirt in vain.

The place's really classy and all. And the service immaculate. But with that kinda price, that's a given!



Some lime mocktail thingie!



Omigawdomigawd 2 forks and 2 knives whatdoido? Wish I knew dining etiquette or something! *cue Borat scene* The food there's actually quite disappointing to be honest - except the desserts! Should've saved myself for it!



Choc mousse cake and choc moouse are excellent. So is the cheesecake. So is the macadamia brownie. And hot chocolate cake. And everything at the dessert counter.

Oh and they have a cheese platter, and yikes, some of the cheeses taste and smell like rotting detritus or something. I'd stick with my cheddar and mozzarella and parmesan and emmental!

Tummy turned wonky and all so had to break for the toilet! Eek!

Barely could finish more food after that.

Felt totally nauseous and tummyachey after that. I swear my stomach had stalled into an ileus and died. Into the taxi, back home. Distracted myself by playing on the DS (DS is the best of distractions I've realised.) And caught Articuno in Pokemon FireRed finally! At least that's something that didn't go wrong!

In fact, I'm still feeling all bloated, groggy and down. Oh well, tomorrow's better.

==

Oh, and apparently, Ryan and I really do look quite alike.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

omigod i wans desserts hehehe.

We can go film the next twins effect! =p