Sunday, April 22, 2007

Saturday!

Morning started off early. Slept at 10 the last night, after dreamily falling asleep over some Pokemon FireRed on the DS. Oh noes, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl's gonna be out on 22nd and I haven't even gone past half of FireRed! I blame Ouendan, Elite Beat Agents and Animal Crossing!

I've amended my caffeine restriction, such that I'd be able to take in the equivalent of 1 cup of coffee a day, and I made use of that the morning (pre-exercise caffeine can help in fatty acid utilisation and etc so it makes it easier. However conflicting studies say that it's merely the sympathetomimetic activity that causes it, but oh well, if it works it works,)



Bike ride. After a long while. First ride with my new speedometer, and it works just as it should. Doesn't bring attention to itself, just silently telling me the time, how far I've gone and how fast I'm going.

I feel my energy being sapped away. After med school had robbed my ability to keep myself healthy (no time for exercise, no proper mealtimes, stress galore) I feel my energy being sapped way. Can't do that Old Upper Thomson Road climb while keeping my speed above 21kmh any more!

Overtook by a huge number of roadies. I swear I'm getting lousy. Concentration's waning from pushing myself, feeling myself going swervy, not noticing bumps and potholes until the last minute.

Mindlessly started on a tricky right turn...

and saw the yellow and blue Woodlands Transport livery inching towards my front wheel. I was about to ram into the side of a minibus and I didn't even notice.

Stopped in time. I swear the motorcyclists on the other end of the junction were looking at me funny. Steeled my concentration, and made my way through the park quick.

My concentration's failing me lately. This sucks. Is it the lack of caffeine? The exhaustion from the school? Some insidious brain disease?



Took some wallpaper-ish photos on the way home in the park.



Home.

Ow headache. AGAIN. Exercise induced? (I get that quite often when I'm out of shape) Caffeine withdrawal? Sinus pain? It FEELS sorta vascular in nature, i.e. exercise induced or caffeine withdrawal, but there's frontal sinus tenderness on one side, so I have no idea.

Slacked online at home - and guess what - Pokemon Diamond/Pearl ROMs are out! Get them from the link in my sidebar. Uploaded that, and Advance Wars: Dual Strike onto my DS and touched them for a while, but I'm gonna play FireRed for now!

First impressions of Pokemon Diamond: The graphics are very slightly updated, which is a disappointment for the DS as the graphical capabilities aren't stretched at all. Oh well, but it's the way the game stays true to the series I guess. And there's dual screens, so battle commands are selected on the lower screen either using the old-school D-pad/buttons or the stylus(clunky).

Went out again to AMK central to shop for an electric fan. The old 20 year old one is making a hell lot of clunking noises which does affect my sleep a little.



Shopped around like crazy (I'm indecisive!) around the whole place before settling for a decent Mistral one at $75.

And home again, and assembled the fan, it was quick and easy. Bob the Builder! Can we fix it? Bob the Builder! Yes we can!



And side by side with the old dying 20 year old fan that no longer rotates and rattles like a beast in shackles.



And plopped myself for some DS action and slacking online. A weirded conversation on MSN (was she trying to mindrape me?), and sleepy. early. I think cutting out caffeine's making me sleep normally again!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i wans d/p! *goes get flashcart*

KC said...

gogogogogogogo!

Unknown said...

support original! Haha or mebbe i wait for de emerald/crystal kinda version out den get real 1, n use de cart now

KC said...

haha are you getting diamond or pearl? then i go play the other one!

*wonders if can trade properly if use flashcart*