Monday, July 16, 2007

Killing in the name of

I'm the bulletproof monk who survived a whole day of especially harrowing school today! Was grilled, charbroilled, etc during one of the tutorials, though I've experienced worse. I've been to hell and back so there's not much that I can't survive. Those who know about my traumatic surgical end of posting test will understand.

Yay.

Somehow feeling mechanical today. Board the bus. Right hand on door rail, left hand tapping my ez-Link card, monkeybar my way into the bus, balance myself, with the exact precision needed to just keep myself balanced during the bumpy bus ride.

Get off the bus, get through the day, make small talk. Put on a happy front. And don't feel happy or sad or anything because it's just a routine. A series of many dance steps. Heave ho.

Yay.

Went for a good jog in Bishan Park and well, despite just barely recovering from a shitty bout of sinusitis, I could zip through the western half without being overtaken once. And overtaking a number of people who were dressed way sportier than me, in all their synthetic fabric singlets and all.

The only thing sporty about my attire are my high end shoes, but as you already know, shoes DO matter - they're the things that make physical contact with the ground, and determines how stably you can go. Yay.

There's this thing about me that fantasises about being an underdog - looking like the one who would never make it, the one with nothing to his name - then winning it all. Sorta like, a fetish for Q-cars such as those MPS Mazdas where they put in a humongous engine in slightly-modified bodies of their normal saloon cars, for insane power-to-weight ratio. With barely a hint of sports styling.

Well, I smoked them all wearing a cheapo pair of shorts and an old oversized cotton tee. Granted, loose, floppy clothing increase my coefficient of drag, and make me feel like I'm drenched in my own stifling sweat, but that's fine print.

I win.

Yay.

Oh, I got banned in an online forum in support of my fallen comrades (no, they're more than just online friends) who had been unreasonably banned too.

Yay.

No comments: