Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Whatever

Argh. Stupid bug. I hate the feeling. Not exactly sick, but sickish. Walking's doubly tiring and I can't push myself to get any exercise the past few days. And the headache. And I know it's not psychological, as even my bowels are creaking under the strain of the bug.

==

Night, and I had this extreme compulsion to raze off my hair. As in, extreme enough to make me keep me obsessing over it and all.

You know, I'm not entirely crazy. There's a Wahl hair clipper at home, those kinds that you plug into a socket and let it chop the locks the way a barber does. And barber's scissors - well, I'm sorta experienced at using them (both on myself and others), and yes, I do mean on head hair.

Not too sure what made me this hellbent on getting my mop lopped off, but I can think of several reasons:

1. Long messy hair's frowned at by the faculty, and it's always tempting to be a good, meek student.

2. I hate the way my hair looks now. I don't wanna freaking be me anymore. Because being me sucks. I wanna change my hair, change my life!

3. It gets into my eyes.

4. It's a ritual. It cleanses, it makes me feel cool and simple again.

==

Decided to sleep the urges away. Which sorta worked, except that the hypnagogic hallucinations kept on goading me on. 'Do it! Do it!' However, them cheeky voices were no match for the sheer powers of sleepiness and inertia.

My crown of hair won. At least for the night.

==

Day 2 of the hell that is called school. Usual stuff. Lectures, that are way beyond my understanding. The prospects of doing a field involving the betweens of a woman's legs is... terrifying. I wonder if it bites.

Lunch break, and I could stand the urges to lop off my hair no longer. Off I went to Dover and for $9, I got the deal done. Got it cropped short at a Malay Barber - not Army-short or anything ridiculous, but I guess I like my new hairstyle better.

==

Though when I got back, a couple of friends did a double-take, they didn't expect me to SERIOUSLY go cut my hair when I was just lamenting about it an hour ago.

Mixed opinions. Well. Apparently I now look like a punk.



==

Afternoon was a stitching workshop. ugh. I suck at it. I'd never be a good stitcher, and rest assured I promise I won't pretend otherwise.

Was planning to meet up, but got snubbed again. I guess there are reasons, but methinks this is getting a little absurd. Augh.

Ambled back home, feeling totally exhausted. I must be sick or something.

2 comments:

Pkchukiss said...

My hair sort of curls up like a Twistie at every chance it gets. That means out of the shower, after towelling myself dry. The hair straightener can only do so much for so short a time.

Clamp them in irons!!

KC said...

or rebonding! haha some people have a fetish for curls, so yeah, you may be in luck!