Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Tuesday! Happy yappy!

And I'm restless and hyperactive!

Is it the heat? The hot hot blazing blistering burning sun?

Maybe they'd call it hypomania, those psychiatrists (I'm doing my psychological medicine posting now) but hey, I feel HAPPY and that's what matters. You don't give happiness a LABEL.

Music sounds better when I'm happy. The cymbal clangs sound especially crisp and bright, the voices sounds extra poignant. I'm air-drumming to the beat.

And did I mention? I'm just happy. For no reason at all!

Sure beats being sad for no reason at all.

==

How was my day?

Morning lectures. The usual mood disorders, anxiety, pharmacology kinda lectures.

Then off to the library for some revision and ALOT of slacking on the Internet.



It's sad that the med library is moving out, and the librarians are scampering to pack everything into cartons for the move into Science library, which would be really far from the university hospital. Which would defeat much of the point of having a medical library. Sigh.

==

SH was reading this 'medical' journal - a Traditional Chinese 'Medicine' one which was a case study which, to modern medicine would consist of these 3 pretty obvious differential diagnoses.
1. GERD
2. peptic ulcer
3. gastroenteritis

The TCM quacks list:
1. qi imbalance
2. poor blood flow in the area of the spleen
3. poor mood and well being

Who would you believe? Given the abundance of scientific knowledge and resources these days, it's no excuse for even the TCM practicioners to keep their heads in the sand and ignore the incontrovertible evidence and science that modern medicine had managed to gather.

TCM, by definition, isn't evidence-based.

==

SH also found another journal where they talked about how sterile bred maggots can be used to eat up the dead, rotting tissue in bad, infected wounds. Gross. But hey, if it works it works. Personally, I'd be totally freaked out by having maggots put into my wound!

==

Afternoon tutorial on approaches to dealing with psychiatric interviewing and diagnosis formulation. Interesting and insightful. And guess what. The lazy, unmotivated, silent KC actually asked a good question in class!

==

And I'm so manic, I kept on chatting and joking about with my classmates after school, all the way from the tutorial room to Bishan MRT station.

I'm hyper. I'm happy. I'm self-confident. I'm perfect.

==



And I'm restless. So I went for an evening jog after dinner, just to calm my hyperactive, agitated mind. It works. Exercise to exhaustion is a great mood stabiliser, I realised through my personal experience.

Was SMSing Ryan and oops, he's not doing so well and I feel guilty for being so HAPPY for no reason.

Reached home, lazed in front of the computer. Caught up with the multitude of RSS feeds I subscribe to - Engadget, DS Fanboy, Slashdot, various blogs, they're all in the sidebar of my blog.

I'm happy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

aww don't make me a wet blankie =p i'm bouncy now!

KC said...

lets bounce together!