Monday, May 07, 2007

Hot Hot Heat



The whole freaking island has become a sauna. It feels steamy hot all the time, be it day or night, be it indoors or outdoors.

The air-conditioners on buses and in school just aren't enough to keep the choking heat out.

It makes everyone feel like crap.

==



Sunday morning was spent jogging -and I pushed myself way too hard despite feeling sorta fatigued and unwell. Ouch. But hey, it's worth it for the azure blue skies.

packing up my room and doing up the insulation on the small window in my room (it's the size of a ship's porthole). It's the time of the year where the sun shines DIRECTLY on and through the window, making my room accumulate heat. Solution? Paste aluminium foil reinforced with laminating paper on the outside of the window pane. Then a second layer of foil and a layer of paper on the inside, just to make sure that all the light gets kept out.

Packed my room up. Which means sending clouds of dust into the air. And an inflamed and running nose for the rest of the day. A year back, I sold my blood and lent out my skin for a skin prick test for a research study on allergic rhinitis. Turned out, I'm sensitive to dust mites and about 4 different types of funguses, so that sorta explains it.

Read quite a bit of Ultimate Spiderman, which was sorta fun, but was sorta distracted along the way. Considering I was totally miffed by the bad weather, and all tired out by the morning jog. I suspect a viral infection's ravaging my immune system in addition.

==

Monday. and the weather's equally crappy. New posting at NUH Psychological Medicine. 4 weeks.



Lectures today, and while everyone else were busy copying notes. I decided to do what's only sensible and logical and take photographs of the slides instead of tiring out my poor DS-strained fingers.



And in the evening: went out with ZJ and F, 2 of my bestest pals from secondary school. Objective: re-explore Bishan central, our hang-out place for 4 years!

Things surely have changed, with the new library, Junction 8 extension, new shops all over.



But the food stays the same. Especially at S-11 where they have really tasty homemade noodles (a.k.a. 'ban mian')



And iced milk tea.

Hung around in Junction 8 after that, totally happy being with each other, crapping about everything. About how to be a hunk. About learning French. About our old teachers. About Spongebob.

About everything.

And ZJ was free enough to send the two of us back to our homes with his car. It'd be fun driving a car around, but alas, my family doesn't believe in having a car.

And sadly, once I reached home, the headache which I didn't notice much of (since I was happy with my friends outside and all) came back with a vengeance.

And that explains the terse, disjointed paragraphs in this blog entry.

Goodnight!

No comments: