Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Jumpin' Jack Flash - school

I was raised by a toothless, bearded hag, I was schooled with a strap right across my back, but it's all right now, in fact, it's a gas! But it's all right, I'm Jumpin' Jack Flash, it's a Gas! Gas! Gas!

School. On a Monday. And I've been feeling like utter crap lately. So it doesn't take much of a rocket scientist to figure that the day wasn't going to go my way.

Laid in bed procrastinating until it was going to be late, then panicking and hurrying to school late. Just like fucking usual.

All the little things add up. Air conditioning in the bus that doesn't work. Overenthusiastic classmates. Being picked at in class for being late. And my OTHER pair of shoes was cracking up.

Yay. Life sucks.

And the last straw broke when my shoe, uh, broke. As in, leather top, rubber sole, in separate places. Goofed around with my classmates ("Hey! Look at me limp!") but really, deep in me, I was just putting on a front, denying how crappy I felt.

Dodged a couple of cars on the way back (there was no way in hell I could attend afternoon lessons with me and shoes in this pathetic state), then noticing that I was feeling so down, I barely noticed myself in the middle of the lane obstructing a car. It felt like, it didn't matter if the car ran me down and killed me.

Even going home seemed so tough and impossible. Staring at the ground. Limping without a sole on one side. Impatient bus commuters rushing in front of me. I didn't see myself getting home successfully, but, well, I had to.

After an eternity and a half of limping back, I reached home and slumped onto my bed and snoozed off. Without opening the windows or changing out of my clothing.

And worked on getting the computer all sorted out again. Gee it's depressing. Laid in bed again, feeling like I was too exhausted to even twitch a muscle. Then feeling so bad about, I sorta punched the walls in frustration.

Actually. To be honest. Monday's sort of a blur. I guess I was just feeling so down, it's painful to remember.

No comments: