Friday, April 27, 2007

Friday's Dust

I guess I haven't been blogging blogging for a while now - I've been documenting just bare snippets of my life the past week, without really telling you what really goes through that squash of mine. So here goes.

It's Groundhog Day again, waking up, sneering at the clock, cussing at the absurd kind of time I have to wake up to get to Pasir Ris.

Quickly shook off the dream I had of 1. looking out of the bedroom window 2. seeing a grey bus go over the kerb 3. and topple 4. and killing everyone on it.

Come to think of it, strange that I had had so many looking-out-of-the-bedroom-window dreams. In my slumber I've enjoyed watching a parade from my bedroom, witnessed the building of a new residential building and even saw the whole world engulfed by toxic gases.

Thinking about dreams, I find that they occur mostly during these times:
1. when sleeping patterns are irregular
2. after consuming caffeine late into the night
3. being awoken by someone/something, rather than waking up by oneself
4. when the bladder is full

In a way, dreams are fun. I did a project on it in Secondary 3, mainly about dream interpretation. While my conclusion was that it was a load of bullcrap, there's still some principles that can be applied. Such as understanding the ideas that subconsciously preoccupy you.

But what can I draw from this particular dream of mine? I don't know. What does a grey bus bursting in flames and culling all in it mean? You tell me.

==

And the drudgery of the trip to Pasir Ris that takes forever. Played Pokemon again and yay, I managed to capture that elusive Abra that teleports out of battle in the first turn! Tried to capture a Snorlax but ironically, the sleep attacks must have transcended beyond the LCD screen as...

... I jerked awake in the middle of Pasir Ris, clutching the DS in my hand. When do I get dreams? Point number one: when sleeping patterns are irregular.

==

Lesson wasn't too bad, the teacher was amazingly nice and friendly.

==

And finally got around to buying a new DVD burner for the computer! BOTH the DVD burner and the DVD reader on the computer were on their way south.

The DVD burner - a Sony DRU-710A (I'm listing the brands and model numbers so that other users of the same drive can Google it up if they're curious) - stopped reading discs reliably.

The DVD reader - Samsung SD-616 - still reads, but the chips have gotta been fried, as the drive tray sometimes ejects and refuses to stay closed. And sometimes when I eject a disc, it's still spinning in the middle of the plastic tray, complete with a horrible grating sound. This is gonna scratch all my discs in the long run.

New one's a LG GSA-H44N. Works smoothly so far!

Took the time to de-gunk the chipset fan on the NF7S motherboard YET again. Somehow the grease just loves to dry up into a sticky goo and make the fan whine like a dying rat.

==


Arctic Monkeys's new album isn't my cup of tea.

I vividly remember going to the CD shops once every few days after the UK release of their debut album, only to be told repeatedly that they didn't have any stock yet. Waited almost 2 months before I could get my grubby hands on an Aussie import. Who could not like the infectious singles When The Sun Goes Down and I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor?

But here comes their sophomore album with mechanical rhythms reeking of The Klaxons. Truth be told, The Klaxons do a better job of being The Klaxons than Arctic Monkeys can ever dream of.

They'd do better with their own advice: So get off the bandwagon, and put down the handbook.

No comments: