Monday, April 23, 2007

Blue Monday Blue Monday

Woke up to an azure Monday blue sky. In the wee hours of morning. Gotta rush all the way to Pasir Ris where my next clinical attachment happens. Great luck. I always seem to be the one getting the furthest of places. I swear there's a conspiracy against me. Or is it? Better get them tinfoil hats ready just in case.

So my journey involves getting up the bus, going to the train station, then taking the train to a station where I have to transfer trains, then alighting at the last train station then taking a bus from there.

Spending more than an hour in solitude in public transport is downright depressing, except for the fact that I have my Nintendo DS and my Pokemon FireRed with me.

And it's compounded by the fact that I had missed BOTH feeder buses at the interchange. This is how it goes. In the interchange, the buses I could take were 12 and 21. And the bus bays are really far from each other.



What I have to do is to stand in the middle, then run to the appropriate bus bay once I see the bus from far.

First time was a false alarm. It was a bus that had just finished its route and was heading towards the bus park.

Second time, and I was all jittery and sweaty from all that bus chasing.

I hate my life.

Reached there late. There's simply no way I can make it there in time, no matter how early I wake. It's absurd.

I hate my life.

Rest of the day was sorta boring, left early.



They have new Moove Media cows in the empty grass fields all over Singapore these days. A couple of years back, they had these cow-shaped plywood cutouts in bright colours dotting Singapore as an advertising stint by ComfortDelgro's advertising arm, Moove Media. Now, these cows are back mooing with a vengeance. Some irate-member-of-the-public must have complained about the travesty of letting naked cows show their udders in public, so they now don colourful clothes instead.

Well, sigh. It just rained and I just woke from an uncomfortable nap on the sofa.



I'm not sad, but the Monday blues gets to everyone, me included.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

mommy dearest does seem to have a way to piss me off! Oh noes, mebbe she has psychic powers! Pass the tinfoil hats!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to my territory! :D