Monday, March 19, 2007

Sunday, in food

Cousin's wedding. At Oriental Hotel.




Decorations and furnishings are top notch.


Cold platter! The unagi, baby octopuses (or baby octopii?) and jellyfish were excellent.


Shark's fin soup. Herbal and not overpowering, with chewy abalone bits.


Duck. And dates. The dates are tasty, duck not so.


Overcooked abalone.


Garoupa fish. Quite OK, but that's after drowning it in a couple of generous spoonfuls (i.e. both my brother's and my little-dishlets) of soy sauce.


Ugh.


Only liked the scallop.


Dessert. When you have rich white chocolate, creamy chocolate mousse, sweet mango and tangy strawberry, what more can you ask for? Delicious. I nearly wet my pants eating it. Lovely.


Their in-house chocolatess. Full of hazelnut cream inside. Tasty.

4 comments:

Pkchukiss said...

Hey, how come you give other dishes at least 4-word descriptors, and leave poor broccoli with one "Ugh"?

Give the poor guy some credit will ya? Maybe something like, "Ugh! I love broccoli so much that I had to say... 'Ugh!'"?

KC said...

well, i'm actually quite ok with brocolli

but that particular dish was especially horrible!

ugh!

Pkchukiss said...

Did it taste like detergent or something? I know some veggies taste like that if you don't wash them, and cook them properly.

I think Kailan is especially prone to being undercooked.

KC said...

hmmm it was more of soapy than detergentny, but that's besides the point!

it was supposed to be brocolli and scallops - and it turned out that what they really meant was a few measly shreds of dried scallop