Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Pretty Vacant



KC has a shit life. At least for the past 2 and a half weeks. Tutorials that start early in the morning, and clinical attachment to the emergency department where he manages to foul up the simplest of things, and tutorials again. On paper, days either end at 4pm or 10pm, but we all know that 4pm is a lie, and that you'll never know when a 4pm day will end up a 9pm one.

And so, Tuesday was one of these 4pm-turned-9pm days, when stress, added with inability to get regular meals, added to some mild intercurrent upper respiratory tract infection setting in, KC went home exhausted, jaded and neuroglycopaenic.

Ambled home in a half-conscious state, everything's just a hazy blur. Almost missing the bus-stop, losing track of time, feeling nauseated from the bumpy bus ride and generally, feeling down as though my mental gears were all gunked up.

Lots of food later, I felt way better.

Slept.

Woke up. Decided, oh screw it, I'm not going to sabotage my whole week by going for yet another 8am-10pm day. I can't cope anyway.

Finally found the time to actually tidy up my stuff a little, put on the bedsheets properly (it's been more than a week since I hurriedly stuffed the corners of the bedsheets into the bed), catch up on my emails and blogs and stuff.

It's one thing when to barely have time for leisure activities. It's another thing to be forced to neglect one's health, living conditions, hygiene and sanity just for school.

Finally found time to properly read through Jan's belated birthday card, which was sad because she probably hurried through it, only to send it to someone who didn't even have the energy to read it properly until now!

Thanks Jan!


Unfortunately, my behind is not in any way little, and is fat and flabby!



Names censored! Well, in a way I feel I'm a horrible friend, hardly writing cards or telling my friends that they're appreciated!

Getting unexpected belated cards somehow feels even more sincere, weirdly.

Trivia: Whenever I receive cards and stuff, I HAVE to hide them away, because my mom's always going to peer through them and make snide remarks and stuff. "See? Even your friends think you're (something something something). Are you hiding something from me?" No wonder I have such a fucked up self-esteem.

Played Mario Kart online with an online friend. Suffice to say, I really suck at it! I'm spreading myself out too thin between many different games - and lately I've been to exhausted by school to play anything more than a couple of stages from Elite Beat Agents or the Japanese counterpart Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan.



==

Mom bitching about how I didn't go to school. Gee. I'm a logical 22 year old. I can think for myself! Not as if I'd survive consecutive 14 hour days, no?

Plastered myself in front of the computer. Strangely, it's taking me very long to recover the physical and mental energy that I've lost along the way. Sorta feeling down for no reason quite a lot these days. Life energy. Sapped.

Should have watched the DVD of Donnie Darko that K lent me. But just can't muster up any semblance of concentration to do it. Was planning to do up my case write-up too, but I just can't be arsed. Deadline too far away, and if I can't concentrate on a movie, what are the chances I'd do a decent job of homework?

Oh no! Ryan's having quite a bit of trouble keeping the privacy of his blog. Heard that his family had been using his friends' blogs (that includes mine) as a proxy to spy on his actions.

No worries here, I blog carefully and responsibly, treading carefully on the fine line between truthful and complete reporting, and not getting myself or my friends into trouble.

==
And later in the day, went to Ang Mo Kio to buy the printer, since the old one died. It's a Canon iP4200, one of those high-tech multi-fangled behemoths that has 2 separate paper trays and can print on both sides of the paper automatically.

It's a behemoth, and it's amazing how it barely managed to perch at the edge of the table, with everything being already crammed as they are.




Glowing ink cartridges! 5 separate cartridges, and it's going to be real troublesome when they run out one by one. But hey, at least they're big ones and seldom need replacement.


Old David vs the new Goliath!

3 comments:

Ryanryan said...

haha we're legal adults now yet our parents control us like we're still little toddlers

KC said...

haha next time i'll make use of toddler priviledges and try bawling my way out of things!

Ryanryan said...

throw your food at the wall, crawl n fall off dining table, shit in your pants... mwahahaha

n ryanryan not gonna clean da mess =p