Friday, December 29, 2006

Sim Lim

Trying to balance myself in a torquey mercedes bus equipped with a jerky zf gearbox is an exercise of futility. Tried to prop myself against the window with my elbows. But still bumping into people. Happy couples. Old ladies who had lived contended lives and don't ask for more. Meeting bozo for lunch plus sim lim square. And running late. And it's raining like usual.

Met up with bozo at Bugis Junction. And well, it's weird how much we can crap about only after meeting just 2 times before. It's weird. But why is it that i can get along, both online and in real life, so well with 18 year olds rather than people of my age? My impression of people my age is that, they're people always so busy getting what they want, trying to be oh so sophisticated that I can't connect with then no longer.

So. Destination. Sim Lim Square. Lunch at basement (lamb chops, I feel slightly cheated at the lack of meat) Plan:

1. Recce for Nintendo DS lite. The variety of DS and Gameboy (the DS plays both) there's vast. Prices slightly cheaper in Sim Lim, but gotta beware those gimmicks.

2. Take another gander at the Canon printers. Yeah. They're humongous, and it'll probably hang from the edge of the table by a few cm if I get it. Old rinter's erratic now, but still working at least. I can delay it.

3. Browsed through the latest games. bozo bought BF2 and one of the C&C games, personally, I don't play multiplayer games, learning curve too steep so by the time I'm alright at it, I'd have gotten sick of it by then.

4. Look for the fan to replace the dead one from my CPU cooler in neighbouring Sim Lim Tower. Well, I was too silly to check the size of the old one so I sorta estimated it to be a 70mm one. Stared at it for a long while, not sure of the size, then finally just bought it, if not, it'd be a wasted trip eh?

bozo's supposed to meet a friend but somehow there was this miscommunication and he's free in the evening too. So just hung around Bugis Junction, looked at DS games again in that electronics store there, walked around, $1.20 bubble tea + weird Japanese potato patty called a Corochan corokke which tasted sorta good. bozo got a curry rice bento. Looks nice for $4 but personally, I'd prolly spend the $4 at 3 different places heh.

The pastries and buns at Four Leaves look really tempting, but there's lotsa food at home already so couldn't buy. bozo and I were musing at this:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Label says: Twin Weiner (Pork) - please, no more sausage jokes!

Walked with bozo to City Hall, then took the bus home. Catnapped for a while on the bus. Woke up, and it was raining again. Depressing.

Opened up the computer to fit the fan and replace that jury-rigged fan thingie. Oops. Turns out the fan wasn't a 70mm but a 60mm instead. So resourceful me decided to mount the fan diagonally such that it would fit (barely).

Before: Macgyvered cooler from old pentium 2 chip I found from void deck bulky refuse disposal area

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

After: 70mm fan mounted where a 60mm fan was - diagonally
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: