Sunday, December 31, 2006

Friday, Saturday quick words

Wiseman's at Bishan Park again!

Run was bad, because I made the mistake of running with a stretched hamstring. Ended up making it really bad, was literally hobbling. Yikes.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The monkeys around the reservoirs were particularly aggressive and noisy. It was the end of the week, they're probably very hungry since their last meal the previous weekend. Not to mention less people would feed them in rainy weather. Stop feeding the monkeys, idiots, look what you did, create an uncontrollable, ruthless community of pesky primates.

Reached home, popped by the nearby supermarket. Decided to cook my own lunch. Tuna fried with egg. Note to self: use more oil or it'll will stick and burn again.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Rest of the day was homework, slack, homework, panic about homework, slack.

Looked around the net for Nintendo DS stuff. There's this really cool game called Elite Beat Agents. You just gotta see the video clip to understand: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa4zzMbVwis

Plans for DS brewing in head, then wham! Decided to get it. For sure.

Saturday. New year eve eve. Spent morning doing homework. Mom barged into room with vacuum cleaner. The one they refused to replace even after a decade despite it being so freaking noisy ("It still works"). Feeling particularly irritable. Kept the door shut to keep the noise out (acoustic isolation is VERY important to me, to hell with privacy and what-not, but I want my silence), but dammit, my parents can't respect that. Always gotta close it again myself after they barge in all the time.

Didn't manage to do as much homework as I wanted to, irony is, parents are always the worst distraction when it comes to school work.

Family high-tea at Hotel Phoenix and well, I don't like going out with family much. Good thing I had uploaded some games in my phone so I used them to distract myself/keep myself occupied.

Food was good though. Getting seriously fat with all that food. Turkey and ham were the best. Deserts were so-so but there was chocolate fondue.







They're known for their roti prata. It's alright but not impressive. But what was fun was making cheese sausage prata and maple syrup prata from the other dishes and ingredients there. And ice blended coffee using espresso, ice-cream and ice shavings (for ice kacang).

Dad kept on talking about his weird theories and stuff, so I just cracked Borat/Death Note/alien invasion jokes when the chance came just for the hell of it, even though only my brother understood.

Went to the furniture shop to have a gander and to get the new TV rack.

Long walk home, distracted self by re-playing New York Nights on phone (last played it on the Nokia 6100 and that version was dumbed-down with lousier graphics)

Home, back on the computer, more homework (ahead of schedule now) and some slacking and crapping on STOMP forums. Yay!

No comments: