Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Wild Wednesday

Spent the whole morning sulking over that thorny tutorial issue, and the change in schedule of another tutorial. It's getting to me, having to coordinate all the tutorials and lessons and stuff. There was this senior consult who was poking fun at me when I didn't know the answer to his question. He said 'The group rep should be more intelligent you know.' Not that I take it to heart, but it's just frustrating yeah?

Not going for the afternoon lesson cause it's going to be rather pointless anyway, having been given similar teaching before in the elementary posting earlier in the year. So stayed at home and just surfed the net instead.

Good weather for a bike ride, but I just didn't want to tire myself out too fast. If I run and cycle in 2 consecutive days, I'd be bushed as hell the next day and'll have take a longer break in the end, so that's no point. And well, it's not good for the muscles.

Oh can I confess? Running ain't such a terrible exercise afterall. Really hated running relative to bicycling last time, but I sorta got used to it. But still had to pick up running cause I needed to cross-train to make me a better cyclist and to reduce the chance of injuries. Cycling too much without running gives me knee pain and kneecap instability cause of muscle imbalance.

Now I see the benefits of running. A quick, more intense workout that's alot easier to fit into one's schedule. It's also alot safer than jostling for space on the roads with the ten-tonne trucks!

Oh crap, I better keep it short cause it's going to be a really long entry. Fastforward to 3pm, decided to leave home early for 'Kate's-promotion party' since the silence at home was unbearable.

On the bus, I saw this short feature on this mocumentary called Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan and laughed out loud when I saw the clips from the movie they featured. I really hope the dirty and racist jokes do not get butchered by the local censors!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

If you don't know who Borat is, Youtube, Bittorrent, beg, borrow, steal some Ali G episodes! You won't regret it.

"My country send me to United States to make movie-film. Please, come and see my film. If it not success, I will be execute." - Borat

Went to Orchard, just walked around that area with that tutorial scheduling problem on my mind. No matter how, toes are going to be stepped on, people will be unhappy. I just can't find a good way to settle that issue!

Gave up on mulling over a problem I can't solve anyway, and went to drown my sorrows in the books in Kinokuniya.

Nick Hornby has a new book: Housekeeping vs Dirt, another non-fiction work in the same vein of 31 Songs, but about the books he read instead. Although I really love his fiction, this new book is sorta dry .

Browsed through Train Man, a Japanese chronicle of a romance between a shy guy and a girl she had saved from a drunkard. It's in internet-forum style, complete with ASCII art and stuff, so it's sorta unreadable. It's like some really big fad in Japan, complete with manga and movie, so I hope I'll get to see other forms of it, as the book itself's so unreadable.

Went upstairs to Orchard Library. And guess what - after looking for 2 bicycling books for months, I finally found both of them today! Yayness! Just what I need to kickstart my enthusiam after the extremely sad offroad experience I had a few weeks ago at BT.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Read through some Simpsons comics and a few pages of Sandman (still hate it, too pretentious and arty-farty) and also lots of magazines there too. Never noticed it but Spin magazine is actually quite a good read, featuring lotsa alt rock and indie music without putting on any pretentions airs (as in, as opposed to Pitchforkmedia).

Headed outside and popped into the Lego store out of curiosity, the Spongebob magnets were so cool, I just had to buy them! The staff there were really quite helpful and all, giving me a huge plastic bag for my library books.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Walked around the departmental store part of Takashimaya and looked at tie clips. Why are they so expensive? Didn't want to buy one in the end but the super friendly promotor insisted on showing me a blue tie and one of the tie clips. Had to politely decline.

Decided to get the armpouch for my phone afterall. I can't afford being uncontactable when I go out for runs. Should anything happen, I need to be summoned, especially if there's an emergency at home. It matters because with my education and all I probably should be able to do quite alot should anything happen. Sales assistant at Royal Sporting House there wasn't too friendly though, she was more concerned with an urgent phone call and just dumped my change into my hands and went off.



Went to Gramophone to look if there's any new music. Instead of those CD-changer sampling booths they're using iPods instead, which I thought to be a brilliant idea. They're prolly cheaper, hold more music and have the chic factor to it.

Met Ryan, then hanged out for a while before heading to Centrepoint! Kate's 'promotion-party'!

Atually it's a surprise birthday party for Kelvin! But it's a pity he ain't feeling too well. Whole thing was wonderful. Pizza, cake, and we gave him this really cool Adidas watch! Seems like Kate has been doing her sleuthing and found out exactly what he wanted! Kelvin was indeed totally suprised and overwhelmed, but so glad he liked it!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
We totally surprised him with this cake!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The pizza we shared!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The watch!

Can't help but to reminisce about my magical 17th birthday last time, which was probably as magical to me as Kelvin's is to him. But oh well, the person who made it all so special isn't around anymore. Sigh.

Anyway, today was fun! Love it! Hmm I had better learn some new adjectives to describe good things!

Alot more photos but I haven't postprocessed and sorted them out yet!

No comments: