Saturday, November 04, 2006

Sweet! (Friday)

Begun the day by rushing for school again. Stupid bus scheduling changed so I had to wait for the later bus.

Tutorial. Arrgh. I'm always the one who doesn't know the answers. These days instead of stalling in a blurry blank when being asked a question I don't know, I just smile and say "I think I need to read up first" or if in a bigger group and less formal situation, "Can I ask a friend?".

School progressed on, clinics shadowing the doc then a lecture. Was bored so SMS'd Ryan and decided to meet early before the movie!

Went home, fixed a quick lunch, slacked a little then went out again. Hanging around with Ryan is fun! Although we just walked in aimless circles it was great fun talking about movies, graphic novels, books, video games and stuff. All too often it's like I dunno what to talk about but it wasn't the case yay!

After what Ryan recommends and what I Googled/Wiki'd/Rottentomatoes'd -- List of movies I gotta watch: Scary Movie 4, From Hell, Daredevil, X-men 3. Gotta hunt for them the next time I pop by Video-Ezy. (Just realised that Junction 8 had one a few days ago, with lots of good titles.)

Oh. Ryan: the carton series that parodies Spongebob, Link from Zelda, Superman, Betty Boop and etc is called Drawn Together.

Met up with the gang again! Starbucks. Mr Black recommends using skim milk for coffee instead of the usual milk, so I tried it. It sorta tastes less creamy but it's quite a small difference really. Maybe I should stick to that - healthy choices that taste more or less the same!

Movie movie! Grudge 1 and 2 marathon. Grudge 1 was sorta bad. To be honest. There was no coherent plot to talk about, unlike most good horror shows I've watched so far. And oh well, looked like I was the only one not enjoying it so it was quite depressing, slumped in the seat while the others around me just laughed and joked about it with each other. The cons of being a picky movie aficionado after all those years! Grade : C+

Grudge 2 is slightly better, but it's not going to get anything above a B- in my eyes anyway. Was freezing in the cinema by then. Forgot that Plaza Singapura got really cold at night, like the time I watched Death Note there. Thanks Kate for that jacket!

Hung around in Macs for a while then made our way back! Was having this conversation with Kate about our career choices and stuff. Hmm, I still am having do some thinking about it. The way I think logically, it is probably the right choice for me but it doesn't feel like it. In any case, I need to plan out my career path to a slack career! Long hours and hard work aren't good for my poor brain.

Oh and from what I'm like will I really get bullied when I start working? Yikes!

Reached home, still high after all that so hanged around online for a while. Then off to the bed! It's always a little sad when a blissful and fun gathering ends, so I'm looking forward to the next one!

2 comments:

Kate aka stinkydudette said...

~ always willing to lend a jacket to a freezing friend.

~ now dun let that HP horror stories get to ur head, yeah? u'll do fine. *huggies*

KC said...

*sheepish smile*

oh what's HP?