Tuesday, November 07, 2006

School life

Tutorials, being grilled, fried, interrogated, tortured and scared out of one's wits. Everyone seems so comfortable with it though, except me. I'm skipping this morning's tutorials cause I just am so tired of tutorials and I'm totally unprepared so I won't get much out of this morning's tutorials.

I dunno, I think I'm in for a terrible fall. Where is my enthusiasm? Where is my energy? Back in secondary school I had these terrific friends in school who sorta worked together and motivated each other - not in a mushy soppy way - but we saw each other as role models to emulate. I gotta admit my self-motivation really truly sucks.

Well, it's not like everyone's nasty in school now or anything, but the atmosphere is just so competitive, lag behind, and no one turns around to see how you are.

But there are things that cheer me up still, like when M dragged me to the canteen despite me insisting on staying in the students' room instead. I hardly eat lunch at where I'm posted to because the canteen is a warzone, full of long queues and pushy people and the food sorta sucks.

So she dragged me along and tried to make me eat but no way I was going to jostle with the crowds for lousy food, so settled for a coffee anyway (which sorta sucked heh).

But it's nice, knowing that there are people around who notice that I exist, and that they want my company. It feels so... sweet. Hopefully, despite being the messed-up me, I hope I don't get these people down!

No comments: