Thursday, October 26, 2006

Oh.

I haven't blogged in a while! Neil and Kevin's bugging me on the cbox to blog a new entry. So here goes.

Honestly I don't know where to start. Have been mulling over it for a while. Do I start off on my craptastically crappy Tuesday? Or on the STOMP Foodie Outing yesterday? Or school today?

==

I think I'll start with the cat. The pudgy cat that I see very often in Bishan Park with really thick fur.

Just before the Foodie Outing, I took the chance when it stopped raining for a while, to get a quick run in Bishan Park. Saw that cat towards the end of my route.

That cat has a fur coat of white and black patches, and when I was a kid I used to call them 'cow cats'. I have this thing for cats so I stopped and did the typical rules of engagement of cats:

1. Inch closer and make sure it isn't scared
2. Keep eye contact, but only intermittently
3. Get close enough to stroke it, then stroke it on its back and on the top of its head
4. If it turns around and walks between your legs while rubbing its fur against you, you've made a new friend!

Haven't had a cat befriend me that way for a really long time! Maybe because it's cause I don't wear my spectacles when I go for a run, and I looks less intimidating that way. Yet another reason for me to want to switch to contact lenses - the cats love it.

It feels really great to have a cat follow you and stuff! It's times like this when I feel like I'm not alone on this Earth, at least the cats do notice me and want me around! Even if the human beings don't!

Rushed on to have a shower and got ready to go for that Foodie Outing!

"I'm going out tonight
I've got my hair just right
I'm always looking good
For the spotlight" - Hard-Fi - Stars of CCTV

==

Foodie Outing. Already know most of them so could mix in quite alright. Nice meeting those I haven't seen before previously! That includes Ryan and Kevin!

There's this thing about me. I can't seem to talk to people I meet for the first time well! It's like, I don't know what to say, how to say it, etc. So I always make crappy first impressions. Man this sucks. Feeling damn guilty about not talking much to Ryan! And it's like, the rest of the people there weren't helping my making me feel all awkward because some, uh, furry animal, wanted to see whether him and I look alike! Obviously I don't. Me ugly.

Strangely, by the second time I meet a same person, it's perfectly alright! Still need time to get used to social occasions again. It's like, I've been so deprived of social situations for the past few years, I need time to know the right things to say and stuff.

Social situations are such. Some people tend to use the same topics over and over again, but me, I'm still trying to find my style. It's easier to just rattle off the same stories and stuff all the time, but it's not very fun to me.

OK back to topic. Venue was Botak Jones Ang Mo Kio, which is hidden in a secluded corner of Ang Mo Kio, both Mr Black lived in and around AMK since young, but didn't know of that area before. The food's great. at $13 for a 200g steak, it's a steal.



Oh and Mr Black and Kevin got us drinks! And Kate got the Cheeeeeeese Fries for everyone too! I gotta repay the favour man!

Some of us went on to this bar in Upper Thomson to just chill out. Don't recall much of what was happenning, but it was alot of joking around and stuff! Finally left at almost 1am when they were about to close. Then reluctantly shared a cab back home, since I watched my last bus zoom by just minutes before I could walk to the bus stop. Dang!

Was feeling quite hyper still, so in addition to my sleeping problem, only got to sleep after 2.30am. Was desperate enough to use my brand-new textbook to try to get myself to sleep!

I'd blog about today some other time. Too much for one day already!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gees it wasnt bumper humongous gigantous mother-of-an-entry ! I want it longer next time :D

Ryanryan said...

i can't wait for next gathering woo! =)

incognito said...

maybe i take u all 2 a place in hougang central

Kate aka stinkydudette said...

kor: will i get free transport too?? *winks*