Saturday, September 30, 2006

Rain rain go away



Rain. There's something so sad about rain, but yet so beautiful. I'm not gonna go all poetic, cause I know you know what I mean!

Rain is good. It makes me feel not too bad about staying home for the weekend. Haven't gone out for the weekend for ages. Cause I'm a loser with no one to go out with. Bleagh.

Alternating between trying to cram in some snippets of knowledge from the textbook, and distracting myself on the computer with STOMP forums/Prison Break/MSN/blog surfing. Yeah, that's my sad sad life.

Somehow I think I'd be happier with some more friends I can really relate to, rather than spending my time on STOMP forums. No offense to you all - I love all you people over there - but I guess I wouldn't be so glued to the forums if I had real-life (a.k.a. 'live-action' if you watch Drawn Together) people I can talk to.

And so to distract myself from this distraction (wha...?) I decided to go for a run in the cool post-rain weather. The weather really helps, cause I managed to push on all the way to Lower Peirce Reservoir, which is a big achievement for me, a guy who simply, uh, can't run. Turned out that all the recent efforts in achieving a longer-living me had paid off, especially all those bike rides.

Saw a couple having their wedding photos taken in the grey weather, which was a little sad because it's one of their big, once in a lifetime days but too bad it had to be ruined by the weather.

Made my way back home lungs burning and throat burning. Through Bishan Park. I have this thing about me, an ego thing - I have to overtake every single female in front of me, even if thatscrews with my pacing. I guess, it won't look too good to lose to a female in terms of something males are supposed to be better at. Was really bushed after all those overtaking attempts, all of which were successful today.

Yay I'm getting stronger! On towards a healthier me! I really don't want to die a premature death. My blood pressure's on the high side, and hopefully I can fix even that.

No comments: