Thursday, July 12, 2007

King For A Day

Random song:
Green Day - King For A Day
Started at the age of 4.
My mother went to the grocery store.
Went sneaking through her bedroom door to find something in a size 4.

Sugar and spice and everything nice wasn't made for only girls.
GI Joe in panty hose is making room for the one and only.

King for a day, princess by dawn.
King for a day in a leather thong.
King for a day, princess by dawn.
Just wait 'til all the guys get a load of me.

My daddy threw me in therapy.
He thinks I'm not a real man.
Who put the drag in the drag queen.
Don't knock it until you tried it

Yeah I still do feel sick and everytime I blow my nose and try to get rid of the gooey crud that's been sitting in my sinuses for days and growing various kinds of bacteria, I'm afraid the vessels in my nose will burst again.

Because I'd never forget last night when I blew my nose and instead of stringy mucous, blood sputtered out. Scrambled to pack my nostril with tissue paper the way I usually do. About time. I average one nosebleed a year, while none of my family members ever seem to have them.



Be careful of what you wish for. In a way I don't mind falling ill as it's a convenient excuse to take things easy. But what I got in the end is feeling sick the whole of the next day. Cold. Hot. Cold. Hot. Blocked nose. Woozy. Diarrhoea. (The last one was from all that ice cream from last night.)

Interrupted sleep from 11am to 12pm. Add that to the 3h nap the previous afternoon and that's a OMFG amount of sleep. It's sort of convenient sleeping so much from being sick, so that I can avoid the world. But it's nasty.

==

But I won't get me down.

Sorta stoned on the computer reading random non-school-related stuff on Wikipedia. And it's sorta cool when you read up on aviation and its accidents and realise how little it takes to crash a plane full of passengers. Repair a damaged plane's tail with too few rivets, and and 12000 flights later, the whole vertical stabiliser breaks and the whole plane goes down.

There's so much precision involved in keeping a metal behemoth floating with 10km of thin air between it and the hard ground. So much physics and engineering involved. Rocket science. Literally.



But well, as for the pilot, who's always glamorised way more than the aerospace engineers, all he does is to flip the controls and let autopilot do most of the work. Disappointing really, you'd expect the pilot to have a much tougher job than to push the levers and do the occasional radio comms to the air traffic controller. The bus driver who gets you through the harrowing traffic and to your school or workplace has a more exhausting job.

I have a new-found respect for the captains of the Volvo Olympians I commute in.

==

Went out with the old guard of secondary school friends and hell, it was fun, just crapping about just like we did since we were 15. I won't let feeling sick get me down. In fact, the grogginess made it easier for me to act silly and happy and all.

Can someone crash a car into me just so hard that I knock my head and a concussion just hard enough for me to lose all my memories from secondary school onwards? Then I'd have to repeat secondary school and be happy all over over again.

Pizza Hut. The New cheese thingie is really quite good. But the pizza's tiny. A friend was looking at another friend's travel photos as though it was a mail order bride catalogue, which was hilarious.



Boy, do I miss them. They're the ones who kept me sane when I was sorta kooky in secondary school. I guess, it's them who had managed to get me through life thus far. They might not feel it, but it's so true.

==



Spotted a couple of days back. SMRT should really keep their posters up to date.

No comments: