Sunday, July 15, 2007

I'd Do Anything for Love (but I Won't Do That)

Pardon the OMGWTF title but yeah, I did make meatloaf.

The morning was a bike ride, after not having touched the bike for a long while. Thankfully, no mechanical faults. And I rode rather decently for a guy recovering from a bad flu. But the bike was so dirty I gave it a good towelling down after the ride.

But there was nothing - nothing at all at home that I could use, so, whatdoIdo? Off to the nearby NTUC! It rocks to have a newly-opened hypermart just 3 bus-stops away.



But it's a Saturday, and it's really crowded. Put my people-dodging skills to good use. As a cyclist, I've been trained to watch out for where people are going and to pre-empt and stuff. So, I can zip through crowds pretty much better than most anyone there.



The spoils! Turned out there were Simpsons tees on sale at Bossini. And no, I can't say no to The Simpsons. Heck, it's only $26 for 2 for movie tees. AMK Bossini has great service. Great, as in they offered to help me with those bags of NTUC stuff and all when I struggled to find some place to put them down. Kudos to them!



On the way back in a stupid Volvo B9TL. Hate those Nauseamaschinen which gotta shift through all 6 gears just to get to speed. And when the driver signals, the whole bus fills with the annoying beep of an emergency room cardiac monitor. And they're freaking everywhere! Not just in Bishan, but in the whole of Singapore. And even in Hong Kong.



Before. Meeeeeat. Actually I cheated. I mixed in potatoes and chicken into the beef to keep costs low and healthiness high.



Got into a small disaster when I tried to mash undercooked potatoes with a fork. Ended up mashing the softer parts, dicing the harder parts. Which was a bad idea cause the whole meatloaf ended up a weird consistency in the end. Added spices, onions, tomato.



It's not THAT bad, but it's a minor disappointment. Maybe ground beef just ain't my kinda thing. And it's definitely too little beef, and too much potatoes and chicken, cause it didn't taste very meaty.



Served with veges. And also garlic toast. And red wine. Oh well, at least my family finished it.



And then I was drunk.

No comments: