Friday, May 25, 2007

Thursday

Thursday's another day at school.

Woke up reluctantly (none of the freaky hallucinatory voices last night yay! As opposed to Tuesday night where they kept going on and on and majorly freaked me out until 3am.), ate breakfast, laid in bed wallowing in self pity before looking at the clock and realising that I was either going to be late if I hurried, or going to be TOTALLY late if I continued taking my time. Then panicking and having a hurried shower.

In other words, the usual.

And speaking of which, Wednesday was so horrible cause I was half asleep and groggy from Tuesday night's horror. Couldn;t sleep at all with those hypnagogic hallucinations torturing me whenever I started drifting towards dreamland. I barely recall any of it now.



Bussed to school. Late. Usual. School was the usual stuff, but somehow I felt less messed-up than yesterday. Was the usual chatty me at school, irritating the hell outta my classmates like usual.

Everyone assumed that afternoon tute was going to be unimportant and boring, so me, like 2/3 of the class, decided to leave early.

Off to Bugis! Plan: To get a USB charger for my MP3 player in preparation for the Hong Kong trip. The airlines wouldn't be allowing me to bring my DIY charger up the plane, for it looks like a jury-rigged bomb.

Sim Lim Square. Collected some pamphlets and stuff cause my brother's planning to build a new PC. Me, I was looking at the chargers, and sigh, they're all of dubious quality. And they cost either $19, $7 or $14. Which one?



Decided to take a look at next-door Sim Lim Tower (where they sell more DIY kinda stuff) and found a decent-looking one for $6. Bought 2 of them, as I'd probably need a spare some time. Hey, it's pretty cheap anyway.

Was talking on the phone to Ryan, and oh noes, he's not feeling too good. Wish I could do something to help! Oh well, I can't hope to have everything in my control, even if it's for the better.



Oh did I mention? Hello crocodile. I spent $80 on this freaking pair of shoes, only to have it crocodile at me in 3 different spots in less than a year. Damn you, Hush Puppies!



Ambled around Bugis Junction by myself, just window-shopping by myself. It's quite therapeutic, to be honest. Just walking around, seeing if there are any offers, looking at what are the trends now. And walked into Kinokuniya, then decided to buy my 2nd copy of Men's Health. I still am curious - what exactly makes this magazine interesting?

Well, it tickles the part of me that wants to be a lean mean hunky KC (who doesn't?) - tips on muscle building, exercises, nutrition, stuff like that. And well, some of the advice actually are true and scientific. Although it's supposedly vetted by a few medical doctors. there's still some fallacies and misinterpretations (e.g. the typical 'oh we have 1 study that says this so this must be true even when there's conflicting evidence'). The signal-to-noise ratio's pretty good, as compared to other magazines and even the Straits Times's weekly health feature Mind Your Body.

But well, why is it still more enticing than reading articles off the net and scientific journals? One thing - the pictures! But still, I'd only buy it if there's any particularly interesting feature articles.



Back home.



Speaking of a lean mean hunky KC, I dragged myself to do a short jog in the evening. Gotta keep the blood pumping, the mind refreshed, the adrenaline flowing, Well. You get the idea.

Bumped into a primary school friend while jiggling my lardy ass! How unglam! Caught up with stuff and all. He's done with both polytechnic and national service, so that's quite cool. Me? I'm done with neither of education or national service, so I feel sorta slow.



In a bad way I've been feeling particularly self conscious lately. I swear everyone's staring at the way I walk and making snide remarks. It's weird. And the way that I dress. If my shirt's too loose or tight or something. Or that my hair isn't done right. I can't even stand to say hi to my neighbours lately, weirdly.

(To those in the know, yeah I sent out that email and was reassured that the plan of action was the right one to take, though I really need that strength to follow through. Help me!)

No comments: