Thursday, March 15, 2007

Tired Thursday Morning

Woke up all achey. Tired-achey and not sick-achey. And the funny thing is, I hardly got any exercise lately, just lots of scrambling around in school in this posting.

==

Didn't blog last night, for: whatver free time left after my busy emergency medicine schedule was spent with my trusty Nintendo DS! Because Ive finally received the R4 flash cartridge!



Manufacturer's website

Yahoo Auctions

A little hard to get it working - follow the instructions in the CD down to the last T. Even Richie concedes it isn't all that easy. But once it does, it's lovely.



Haven't managed to play even half of the games I had transferred to it. But so far, everything works except for buggy hombrew (i.e. amateur-programmed) applets such as NDSmail. DSOrganize's way cool as it's a homebrew that not only acts like an organiser, but you can get onto IRC on it. It requires you to be well familiar with the IRC command lines though. But I can't imagine tapping out any words at decent speeds on the touchscreen input.



There's the bundled Moonshell program that lets you play music and read text files using the DS. But I already got an MP3 player for that!

Games: Osu! Tatake! Ouendan! - It's a Japanese predecessor of Elite Beat Agents. It's tougher, the cutscenes are more retarded, and the songs are all in Japanese so it's harder to play. It focuses more on reflexes and speed rather than 'locking' into the rhythm as compared to EBA.

Mario Kart DS - Fun classic racing game, complete with power-ups and weapons. Tried going online with it to play with people all around the world. Quite cool!

Tetris DS - Ho hum.

Brain Age - I suck at it.



Nintendogs - It's way too embarassing to call out the dog's name out loud. Not gonna play it.

Pokemon Ranger - fun!



Need for Speed Carbon - sorta boring for a racing game. Great graphics for the DS though.

Jump Ultimaate Stars - a fighting game with cameos from a zillion animes, including Naruto. It's in jap, so getting through the tutorial is a REAL chore. FAQ and Walkthrough needed for non-Japanese readers.

Lego Star Wars II - the PC version's way easier to navigate. Too many frustrating puzzles in this.
Good stuff.

==





School was mainly a refresher course on doing CPR and handling choking and other emergencies.

Oh and the patient my group and my professor and the nurses tried to resusicate died shortly after my group ended the shift. Lungs too damaged from the fall. Ouch.

Today's a free day up to 9pm when my ambulance run starts! Will blog about it!

4 comments:

Pkchukiss said...

I'm going to be porting a laptop to and from school very soon, so I guess I've got a portable entertainment that can outperform your DSLite, and make me impotent while it is about that??

I love those stories about exploding laptop batteries...

KC said...

oh well, don't forget the fireproof jockstrap!

Ryanryan said...

*falls off chair*

Pkchukiss said...

Really, lappies should come with ice-packs for the crotch... :-)