Sunday, February 18, 2007

Chinese New Year!

And indeed, I woke up at 7.30am, had a very light breakfast and off to mash the pedals I went!

Spent a whole stretch trying to readjust my gears again, they're sorta out of whack after I relubed everything.

Haven't been bicycling for a while, and it shows! Slightly slower now than a couple of weeks back. The roads are quiet, the park is quiet, but still, weirdly, the cyclists are still in full force, and the wiseman in Bishan Park's there today.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Yellow bird. Is it like a good luck sign or something?

Chinese New Year, and my relatives are visiting us today. Sorta spent a large part of it hiding in room. I don't like the awkard silences, the inane conversation about stuff like your body size ("Wow you're thinner by alot!"), pineapple tarts ("I spent the whole afternoon last Sunday queuing up for this really famous...."), parents comparing their children ("My son's planning to study soandso course in suchandsuch place so that he can...").

And I don't want to make my cousins feel bad when my parents talk about my education and my brother's work.

So in my room I hide. Either that or I show my face, smile a little, then act busy by stuffing pineapple tarts and chocolates into my mouth.

And now a tour of my home:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Mandarin oranges.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The kumquats growing in the balcony.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Living room.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Goldfish!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Stairwell.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Dining room.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Pussy willow. If Christmas has its Christmas tree, this is literally like a Chinese New Year tree.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
All that food.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Some really tasty and crispy snack I dunno the name of.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Pine nuts!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Macadamias!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Cake. Somehow my family's feeling particularly generous in terms of food this year.

6 comments:

Pkchukiss said...

Where are the cashew nuts?! I want my cashew nuts, I'll become one of them if I can't have them!

KC said...

there were cashews and almonds too, but alas, the photos didn't turn out good!

Ryanryan said...

*wants macademia*

ian_L said...

wah, ur home very festive & so much cookies!
;)~
ian

Eileen. 静 said...

wah... new yr got eat cake one ah? hehhe..so nice..

i like pine nuts!!

KC said...

haha yay! im getting fatter already with all that food!