Saturday, January 20, 2007

Truly random stuff

No, your blogs aren't random enough. These are some totally random snippets:

For Borat fans: Check out Korki Buchek's page on Wikipedia. Featuring a sound clip of his world-famous single, Bing Bang. Yes. I'm crazy over Borat. Not everyone shares my enthusiasm though. I think I've lost a couple of friends after I made them watch Borat.

==

The Good The Bad And The Queen's album will be out in the UK on the 22nd. I gotta look out for that. They're this band consisting of Damon Albarn of Blur's fame, Simonon from The Clash on bass, and Simon Tong from the Verve on guitar, and some African guy.

I can't wait. Their single Herculean has been a herculean success so far, and sounds like a cross between Blur and Radiohead and The Dandy Warhols.

==
Foxtrot comics are classic. Very nice. I like. Found it in Orchard Library.

==



School still sucks, and with every passing day, I find it a challenge not to strangle that professor. My friends see that fury in my eyes every time he enters the room. They share the anger, but not the hate.

My teammates have been particularly cold to me after a few no-shows and do not keep me updated on the project anymore.

==

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Pokemon FireRed is a great game for bus commuters like me. It doesn't need much dexterity, so the bus suspension and the skill of the bus driver aren't going to be factors in determining your enjoyment of the game. You can save anytime, and it's mind-numbingly fun and keeps the pain of having to go to school, or the dread of having to face more crap at home, or the frustration of being stuck in a traffic jam at bay.

==

Breko's Bugis doesn't have very good food but the ambience is cosy.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

==

Was eating dinner and insisting to my parents that eating white rice (tasteless, odourless, colourless and you might as well eat something tastier rather than waste your stomach space on rice) doesn't make sense and has 'no proven benefit'. (Yes. The community medicine lectures didn't come to waste, everything to me nowadays is seen in terms of cost vs benefit, evidence, statistics)

Was musing how we pop all kinds of food - natural and artificial - into our mouths but how much do we really know about the risks, the benefits and etc? Sure, we know cholesterol is bad, vitamins are good. But beyond that? You don't see studies being done on whether celery or cucumber makes people live longer, or whether beef or turkey does your arteries in sooner.

On the other hand, do a search on statins (a class of cholesterol-lowering drugs) and you'll see thousands of studies comparing all the various statins against another.

Conclusion? Pharm companies have the dough to pay the researchers. But your cattle farmers don't even bother, because they already know, you're going to buy their meat anyway.

==

This was truly random.

2 comments:

Pkchukiss said...

It looks more like a potpurri of your life rather than something random.

Anyway, I prefer mangas like Naruto, Bleach, though the 4-paned features like Dilbert and Get Fuzzy also makes my day. I didn't know how to make head/tail of them until I realised that those you see in the newspapers are actually serialised story plots chopped up into daily pieces!

You read any of them?

KC said...

not really into mangas, i only touch the manga IF i really like the anime or the movie, e.g. evangelion or death note

as for dilbert and get fuzzy, those arent my faves but they're alright i guess. im more into calvin & hobbes, baby blues, sherman's lagoon, foxtrot