Friday, November 17, 2006

Wednesday

Wednesday morning started out early. Tutorial, I was the one presenting, quite alright and all. Went to the canteen and crapped a while with QY while sipping on a cup of soapy-tasting coffee.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Yay a classmate gave me a tie she bought from China!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Rain on the way home. Somehow it really feels relaxing to just watch the raindrops pattering on the bus windows.

Grabbed a quick bite, changed up and went off to Braddell to collect the STOMP tee shirt! Rain's mostly gone. Was late though. Failed to navigate myself through the jungle of flats in time.

Ouch the 'younger' group of STOMPers went off first. Ended up Ferret Ryan EvilCicada and me going together as a second group!

SPH news centre is a posh plce. Met up with the 'younger' group but somehow couldn't really connect- too many new faces scare me.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Collected the tee shirts but oops Ryan didn't actualy get the email asking him to collect. Oh well you'll get one from Mr Black!

Walked to Junction 8. Was progressively feeling more crappy that day. I dunno why. School was getting me down - there was a test the next day, and also had to ready and collate all those presentation slides, et cetra. And it was like, too many new faces so couldn't really talk to them save for a couple of them. All that frustration broke through the moment I received a message that a groupmate couldn't receive an email and all and needed my email.

It wasn't helping that so many of them in the 'younger' group kept on hounding me about my real-life persona. Arrgh really can't stand it to be reminded of all the crap in my real life!

The group decided to go to Suntec City so tagged along. I know I'd be feeling crappier if I went home straight instead.

So it was like, felt quite snubbed by everyone, the 'young' group, and didn't want Wanru to feel out of place so didn't join in with my familiar pals Ferret and Ryan. They're having their own fun too so didn't want to spoil it for them.

Actually I dunno why, but I was feeling crappy way out of proportion of the situation. Luckily Kate saved the day! The group of us sorta abandoned the 'young' bunch and found a cosy place in Ben and Jerry's. Just the few of us, on the same table, me savouring the tasty scoop of mango lime, it felt so comforting that way. Oh turned out they weren't snubbing me or anything that afternoon. Feeling so guilty for thinking that!

Kate had to rush off to do DJing at the Suntec fountain, so the whole troupe of us tagged along! Originally Ferret and Ryan and I all didn't really feel like staying on to 8pm for that light show thingie plus photos. But Kate has a way with people, and in a while all of us decided to stay!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

So the 3 of us just hung around by ourselves, which was really sweet. Wanted to bond with the other group. But arrgh. Too hard. So we went Carrefour and just ambled around having fun. Foam sword fight yay!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

8pm and rushed back for light show thingie + photos. Just in time, and everything's so surreal and all. In the end we really had to go so reluctantly parted ways with Kate and slowly walked back to the MRT. "Can we walk slower? It'll be so sad when we reach the MRT and have to part ways."

And when we reached there it was so sad cause we were all going different directions. Leaned at the edge of the escalator for a while, missing each other too much to leave.

Took the North-bound train home by myself. And reached home teary-eyed and all. Partly gratitude, partly because I was feeling so touched, but yet still with a tinge of crabbiness from the whole day and all. Hugged my bolster tight, sleeping admidst the waves of tearfullness. I, I really gotta be thankful for having pals like this!

1 comment:

Kate aka stinkydudette said...

I'm just so glad u enjoyed yourself.