Wednesday, July 26, 2006

School sucks

So choosing to study the intricacies of interrogating, poking and prodding sick people might not have been what I had imagined it to be.

I'm interested in what I study - true. But it simply sucks when all your schoolmates are workaholics.

Here we work in teams of 3. I'm beginning to feel left out. Unlike the other 2 I'm not some crazy mugger who doesn't mind spending 55 hours a week - voluntarily - in the hospital, bugging the surgeons for tutorials, interrogating and poking patients.

And that's excluding reading time. One of them says she hardly reads up. Well then in tutorials how does she spew out the namesof those obscure 6-syllabled diseases?

Maybe I don't share their blind enthusiasm. But I have to share their mealtimes. We had lunch at 4pm today. Really felt groggy by 3pm, having been on my feet in the operating theatre for hours observing how they do various procedures.

One patient was confiding in me on how she felt how life was meaningless, after 50 years of hard work and monotony.

I know my life's screwed when I can't even thing of a single word to convince her otherwise. In fact I bloody hate this life of mine right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»